What To Do With Your Old iPhone
By Tracey Dowdy
If you’re like me, your iPhone functions less as a phone and more as your brain’s literal external hard drive. Cell phone providers continue to improve their plans and offer incentives to get you to upgrade your phone. If you take advantage of the offer, what do you do with your old phone? Sometimes turning it in means a discount off the new phone, but that’s not your only option.
- The obvious first choice is to keep it as a back-up. As long as it works, this is a great option. Your social media, calendars, iMessages, etc. are already synced and logged in, so it’s a simple matter of swapping out the SIM card and you’re ready to go until the new phone is repaired or replaced.
- Use it as a Roku Remote. Recent updates to the Roku app means the screen looks like the actual remote. They’ve added a “What’s On” tab to make finding what you want to watch easier, and a Channels screen for quick, one-tap access to all your favorite shows.
- Pair your old phone with any of the video doorbells that are on the market for an additional security camera. The Canary Flex, August Doorbell Cam, DoorBird Video Door Station, Ring Video Doorbell and SkyBell Video Doorbell have all been reviewed on CNET.
- Make the most of Siri. Simply by connecting the phone to a Bluetooth speaker. If you use Apple Music, Siri will open your playlists or podcasts if you have the Apple Podcasts app. Siri can’t make other streaming music services like Tidal or Spotify play, but is compatible with Pandora.
- DIY a VR headset. So far, Google is the star of the Virtual Reality show but pairing your old phone with iPhone-compatible VR goggles – you can get them on Amazon – and pair them with any of the VR apps and games available in iTunes.
- Do some good. Verizon’s Hope Line wipes, refurbs, and provides free phones to women in shelters escaping from domestic violence. Cell Phones for Soldiers accepts used phones and provides both devices and minutes for men and women serving in the military. Phones donated to Hope Phones enable rural health clinics to better manage patient records, diagnose in the field, and facilitate communication.
There are loads of other options – a spare alarm clock, white noise machine, even a dedicated e-reader. The possibilities are endless!
Tracey Dowdy is a freelance writer based just outside Washington DC. After years working for non-profits and charities, she now freelances, edits and researches on subjects ranging from family and education to history and trends in technology. Follow Tracey on Twitter.
Hello there! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog
platform are you using for this website? I’m getting tired of WordPress because I’ve had issues with hackers
and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would
be fantastic if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.
Here is my web blog – slot pg soft mahjong
Why people still make use of to read news papers when in this technological globe the whole thing is accessible on net?
My web blog pgsoft mahjong ways 2 demo
I’m not sure where you are getting your info,
but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more
or understanding more. Thanks for great info I was looking for this information for my mission.
Feel free to visit my webpage – cara deposit slot via pulsa
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it
or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive
the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is great blog.
An excellent read. I will definitely be back.
Take a look at my webpage – spadegaming slot deposit pulsa
When someone writes an post he/she keeps the image of a user in his/her mind that
how a user can understand it. So that’s why this paragraph is amazing.
Look into my homepage … https://ayamindo.net/
Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.
Is it very hard to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty fast.
I’m thinking about creating my own but I’m not sure where to start.
Do you have any points or suggestions? Appreciate it
Here is my web blog … slot online deposit pulsa tanpapotongan
Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if you be familiar with then you can write otherwise it
is complicated to write.
Also visit my blog post: slot deposit pulsa tanpa potongan
Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the
net the easiest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I certainly get irked while people
think about worries that they just do not know about.
You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.
Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
My web page :: http://www.kuliner-indo.com
Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization? I’m trying
to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very
good gains. If you know of any please share.
my web page :: s128 login
Thanks for sharing such a pleasant opinion, paragraph is pleasant, thats why i have
read it completely
Feel free to visit my web blog :: idn poker pulsa
Hi theonlinemom.com administrator, You always provide key takeaways and summaries.
Hi theonlinemom.com owner, Keep it up!
Hi theonlinemom.com admin, Thanks for the well-researched post!
Hi theonlinemom.com webmaster, Keep up the good work!
Dear theonlinemom.com webmaster, Keep it up!
To the theonlinemom.com webmaster, Thanks for the in-depth post!
To the theonlinemom.com owner, Your posts are always well structured and easy to follow.
Hi theonlinemom.com administrator, Your posts are always well-delivered and engaging.
Hi theonlinemom.com owner, Keep up the good work, admin!
To the theonlinemom.com admin, Thanks for the informative and well-written post!
Dear theonlinemom.com admin, Your posts are always well-written and engaging.
Hello theonlinemom.com owner, Your posts are always well-supported and evidence-based.
Hi theonlinemom.com admin, Your posts are always well presented.