10 Essential Twitter Tips
You have just started out on Twitter and are enjoying the daily back and forth of news, information, opinion, and, well, just plain old gossip. But those first few weeks on Twitter can be a very lonely time. It’s easy to feel inconsequential with only a few dozen followers, particularly as everyone else seems to have thousands.
And then there’s the sheer volume of tweets. Once you are following more than a hundred people, it becomes almost impossible to keep track of everything that’s going on, and the one-on-one engagement you were looking for becomes much harder to achieve.
However, Twitter is a great communications tool and the benefits of participating, learning and sharing are well documented. So, to make it a little easier, here are a few tricks that can help get things moving and keep you organized. If you are committed to staying the course, then these tips can make the ride a little faster and a lot more enjoyable!
1. Use a desktop app to get organized. Third-party apps like TweetDeck or HootSuite allow you to organize incoming tweets by individual or topic, manage multiple Twitter accounts, search for friends and ‘what’s hot’, sync with other social networks, and much more.
2. Stay connected. Growing your Twitter account is about keeping in touch and staying active. Download the Twitter app to your smartphone. Most third-party apps also have a mobile equivalent, allowing you to see the same Twitter information that you can see on your desktop.
3. Use hashtags. When you post a comment that relates to an ongoing event or popular topic, add a hashtag, e.g. #Election2012, #internationalwomensday, #SuperBowl. This will help your tweets and Twitter name show up in searches and connect you with like-minded people. You can see a list of the most popular current hashtags in the Trends section of your Twitter page.
4. Follow the right people. By all means follow your favorite celebrities but don’t expect them to follow you. @Oprah has over 15 million followers but follows less than 120 people. Pick people that have more even numbers and are more likely to follow you back.
5. Retweet others. One way to spread a little love and get noticed is to retweet other people’s posts. You can either retweet people you already follow or retweet posts on a given topic using one of the desktop apps mentioned above.
6. Follow people who follow you. It’s good Twitter etiquette to follow back when people follow you. Take every opportunity to widen your Twitter circle of both followers and people you follow.
7. Share pictures and video. A picture is worth a thousand words – which is a lot more than 140 characters. You will need to use an image-sharing service like Twitpic and yfrog or the built-in tools on an app like TweetDeck.
8. Thank your followers. Every Friday is Follow Friday. It started out as a way to call out interesting people on Twitter, but it has morphed into a way for people to thank their followers. List three or four people that have followed you in the previous couple of weeks and be sure to add #FF at the beginning or end of the tweet.
9. Keep your tweets short. Make your tweets clear and uncomplicated, without too much shorthand. If you are including a link, use a url shortener like Bit.ly or TinyURL. And leave enough room for people to retweet you without having to edit your original tweet.
10. Ask questions. Start a dialogue; “crowdsource” an opinion. Asking questions is one of the best ways to attract attention and get your Twitter name retweeted. Instead of posting what you think, ask others for their opinions.
We are a gaggle of volunteers and opening a new scheme
in our community. Your site offered us with valuable info to work on. You
have performed an impressive job and our entire community
can be thankful to you.
I just could not leave your site before suggesting that I really enjoyed the standard info an individual provide for your visitors?
Is gonna be back frequently in order to check up on new posts
I am in fact thankful to the owner of this web page who has shared this impressive piece
of writing at at this place.
It’s perfect time to make some plans for the future
and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest
you few interesting things or tips. Maybe you can write next articles referring to this article.
I want to read even more things about it!
Have a look at my web page True Burn Keto Pills; flac.or.id,
Good article over again. Thanks:)
my blog post :: Infinuity CBD Gummies (http://mtasa-forum.com/index.php?action=profile;u=244025)
I used to be recommended this blog through my cousin. I’m no longer
certain whether or not this post is written via him
as no one else realize such distinctive about my difficulty.
You are wonderful! Thanks!
Psikiyatristler; gerekli durumlarda, ihtiyaç durumuna göre ilaç ve psikoterapi veya yalnızca psikoterapi uygulayabilen hekimlerdir.
Kalie; bizim için standardı değişen, gelişen her noktada ölçülebilir bir anlayış biçimidir.
Devamını OkuDevamını Oku celebizadeeski Çelebizade Halı ürettiği kaliteli, uzun ömürlü, sağlam, hepsi birbirinden güzel desen ve renklerdeki, diz izi yapmayan, tüy ya da toz bırakmayan, anti-statik, anti-bakteriyel ve insan sağlığına uyumlu halılarıyla ülkemizde cami halısı ve yurt halısı sektöründe sıklıkla tercih edilen bir markadır. Çelebizade Halı’da müşteri memnuniyeti ve güvenine her şeyden çok önem verilmektedir. Bu sebeple tüm halılarımız halının bir kere alınıp, yıllarca kullanılan bir eşya olduğunun bilinciyle kaliteli malzemeden ve uzun yıllar dayanıklılığını koruyacak şekilde üretilmektedir.Ayrıca “Sonsuz Desen ve Renk” ilkesiyle, birbirinden güzel cami halısı desenleri, yurt halısı desenleri, sınır tanımayan renk seçenekleri ile cami halısı ve yurt halısı sektörlerinde çığır açmıştır. Üstelik yurt içi pazarında oldukça ilgi gören Çelebizade Halı, ürettiği kaliteli, uzun ömürlü, göz dolduran,farklı desen ve renk seçeneklerine sahip cami halılarını yurt dışı pazarına da sunmuş, burada da oldukça yoğun bir ilgiyle karşılaşmıştır.