Mother’s Day Social Giveaway – Official Rules
Mother’s Day Social Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Mother’s Day Social Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry and who have a valid public account on the social platform on which they make their Submission.. Employees, officers, and directors of OM Media Group (“Sponsor”), Verizon Wireless (“Prize Provider”) and any of their parent, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies (“Affiliates”), their respective employees, officers, directors, and agents, and those associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Giveaway, as well as their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: OM Media Group, Inc 535 Woodlands Rd. Harrison, NY 10528
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Giveaway constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement o these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Giveaway. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Giveaway Period: The Giveaway begins on May 8, 2018 at 12:00 a.m. ET, ends on May 11, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. ET time (the “Giveaway Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Giveaway
5. How to Enter: To participate in the Giveaway, you must leave a comment on the designated influencer post on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter
each a “Social Influencer” answering the following question: “Why you, or that amazing mom you know, needs a tech makeover.” Your account must be set to public during the Giveaway Period and for a period of at least ten (10) days thereafter your account must remain public (the “Submission”). Private accounts are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Posting on Instagram may require a mobile device and therefore data usage applies. Please consult your wireless-service provider regarding its pricing plans.
- The Submission must be in English;
- The Submission must comply with the Content Restrictions listed below;
- The Submission must comply with these Official Rules.
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Submission must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Prize Provider, which entrant has a limited license to use in his/her Submission solely for this Giveaway;
- The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, Prize Provider, or any other person or party;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; and
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Limit: Each entrant may post one (1) Submission during the Giveaway Period. Submission received from any individual in excess of the stated limit will be void and entrant will be disqualified. Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Sponsor’s Use of Submission: By providing a Submission, Entrant provides Sponsor and Prize Provider a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor or its designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
7. Winner Determination: During the conclusion of the applicable Daily Entry Period, a panel of qualified judges determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion will select twelve (12) winners with the highest-scoring Submissions (“Winners”) based on the following judging criteria:
- Creativity/Originality (34%);
- Quality of Submission (33%); and
- Fit to Giveaway Theme (33%)
Subject to the entrants’ compliance with these Official Rules, twelve (12) entrants whose Submission receives highest score will be deemed the potential winners. In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score for “Creativity/Originality,” as determined by the qualified judges in their sole discretion, will be deemed the applicable potential winner from amongst the tied entrants. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: Potential winners will be notified by the Social Influencer via direct message on or about May 11, 2018. Each potential winner will be required to provide their contact information (which will be shared with Sponsor for administrative purposes), sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver, IRS Form W9, and, where not prohibited, a Publicity Release (“Declaration”), (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”), which must be received by Sponsor no later than May 13, 2018, 12:30pm ET in order to claim his/her prize. Each potential Prize winner must complete and return the Prize Claim Documents as required or the potential winner will be disqualified and declared ineligible. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, does not respond within 24 hours, fails to execute and return the Prize Claim Documents or any other requested information, within the required time period, does not comply with these Official Rules, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner, if any, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Potential winner is strictly prohibited from making any public statement as to their status of being a winner until Sponsor has made such public announcement of the winner(s). Any public statement by the potential winner will immediately disqualify them from being able to claim any prize in the Giveaway.
9. Prizes: Fifteen (15) PRIZES. Each winner will receive: one (1) $1,000 Verizon Gift Card. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize is $1,000. The total ARV is $15,000. All prizes are subject to the terms and conditions established by the issuer. Prizes will be fulfilled by Prize Provider.
Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: One (1) prize per person. Prize Winner is not required to activate any wireless calling/data plan to redeem use of prize.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Prize Provider, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor and its designees may use the winner’s name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Giveaway for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. Ownership of Submission: Each winner shall irrevocably grant, transfer, convey and assign to Sponsor the entirety of the rights in and to the Submission and all renewals and extensions of copyright, and the right to secure copyright registrations thereto in perpetuity including, without limitation, the rights to use the Submission for any and all purposes in any and all media whether now known or hereafter developed, on a worldwide basis, in perpetuity. Each winner accepts and acknowledges that Sponsor shall not be obligated to use the Submission and that Sponsor in its sole discretion shall have the right to refrain from using the Submission. Sponsor shall not incur any liability whatsoever to the extent Sponsor chooses to refrain from any exploitation of its rights hereunder. Each winner will indemnify Sponsor, Released Parties, and any licensee of Sponsor against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Giveaway, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Giveaway, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Giveaway or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys’ fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: Neither Sponsor nor Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Giveaway; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Giveaway-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Giveaway or receipt or use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
15. Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Giveaway, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York.
16. Winner List: You may request the names of winners by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope no earlier than May 15, 2018 to: The Mother’s Day Social Giveaway Winner’s List c/o OMMG, 535 Woodlands Rd. Harrison, NY 10528. All requests must be received by August 30, 2018. Request received after August 30, 2018 will not be acknowledged.
© 2018 OM Media Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
THIS GIVEAWAY IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY VERIZON WIRELESS, INSTAGRAM, TWITTER, FACEBOOK, PINTEREST OR ANY OTHER THIRD PARTY UNLESS SO DESIGNATED. INFORMATION IS BEING PROVIDED SOLELY TO SOCIAL INFLUENCER AND SPONSOR IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.